‘Chatbot’ reminds us of the recent news of Facebook’s added expansion to its Messenger service. Chatbot has an explanatory name “chat-robot”. Let us analyse these chatbots from root to shoot so as to form a clearer opinion of whether it is a technological revolution or a hype!
A chatbot is a ‘computer robot’ which can conversate and answer queries like a human being. It is programmed to predict accurate response to any type of question and framing the answer in a mimic regular way. They either rely on a sophisticated natural language processing unit or scan for keywords in the input and output most similar wording pattern with matching designed keywords from a database.
A chatbot is a new technology that plans to make human beings obsolete. They will revolutionize the era of digital messaging by deploying interactives quickly and solving common customer support challenges.
These bots are not new as we have been using them as Apple’s Siri or Microsoft’s Cortana by the name of “ personal assistant or concierge ”.
Facebook bots for businesses
Facebook’s co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg recently revealed the launch of ‘Bot Platform’ for Messenger’ at company’s F8 developer conference. This new service can boost the usage of popular messenger app and also help the budding start-ups and various popular brands to interact with their users.
You can try this new feature by searching the name of a famous brand in the messenger app. Messenger will display the bots of the brand under ‘Bots and Business’ title. Choose the desired option, message the company and interact with it via an artificially intelligent (AI) chat robot. You may try using Recro’s bot or Techcrunch’s bot.
This new feature can help start-ups to reach 900 million users who are currently on messenger. Chatbots are ideal for an early-stage start-up. They provide cheap experimentation rather than an extravagant investment on a new app. They can help you save a lot of time, labour and money in hiring designer/engineer or yourself doing designing, front-end, back-end testing and a lot of technicalities.. Though it may seem easy to make a bot but Facebook follows a very stringent policy and rejects one out of every three bots submitted to it. Moreover, bots with a lack of expertise are unable to cater to user demands. To make your chatbot accepted and to get rid of complications of back-end tech or AI or machine learning stuff, contact recro for making an optimized chatbot for your business. Additionally, messenger bots helps you to cover all the platforms-web, iOS and Android
These bots can prove to be efficient tools for users. Users can put on queries and use the services of various brands using a single app instead of installing different apps for each service. These bots could also be used to order food, book cinema tickets and get taxis – basically, if there’s a service that exists on the web, Facebook wants to replace it with a bot.
However, this new technology has a fader side as it will deplete the future of apps. David Marcus, Facebook’s head of messenger says, “A thread of conversation is a much better form of an app.”
More uses of chatbots
- A Chatbot can be your personal medical advisor, financial advisor, tutor, newsreader, personal stylist, legal advisor, house manager and much more.
- It can be a constant companion in this lone world and can help to save people from depression and anger. Mitsuku is one such example. She learns by experience (the more you talk to her, the smarter she becomes) and is friendly but will argue back.
- A chatbot can sufficiently reduce customer-support costs by reducing manpower requirements. They can be used to take orders and ensure delivery. They are a boon to the commercial world if programmed nicely. They can help developers to constantly connect to users, asking for their feedbacks and expressing gratitude.
In short, chatbots will rule over major domains in the coming future. A lot of applications are still undiscovered and unknown. The future will be in their handsJ
- React Native is gaining tremendous popularity among startups. Know why! July 12, 2017
- Major announcements made by tech giant Apple during WWDC 2017 June 13, 2017
- Healthtech holds the future of the Healthcare Industry! April 18, 2017
- Logistics App Development: The Tech Behind April 12, 2017
- Logistics App Development: An Overview April 6, 2017